Attention Veterans, members of the national guard or reserves and their families-coming up on the 28th of this month is “Work for Warriors” Nevada & Vegas PBS Military Job Fair! Make sure to spiff yourself up in proper business attire and come prepared with the an up to date resume.
Pre-Scheduling a sit down with a Work for Warriors Nevada consultant is highly recommended as their guidance may provide you more means to achieve in the career field you’re longing for. From 11 am-2 pm-3050 E. Flamingo Rd. Las Vegas, NV 89121 see the possibilities available to you and your future: https://www.facebook.com/events/407505653034602/
As some of you may already be aware, February brings a whole new meaning to Senior Independence. To raise awareness, we thought it could be a good idea to create a checklist for the loved ones in your life.
1) Stock It Up: Life is packed-full of unexpected situations so be sure to prepare for them (as much as possible) and keep plenty of canned goods and prescription medication on hand in cases of bad weather or if the power goes out.
2) Aid Railings: these can be helpful in many situations, anywhere from bathroom “grab bars” to railings beside the staircase.
3) Keep up with the Jones’s: although losing weight isn’t always going to be at the top of your priority list, staying active should be. Take a tip from your neighbor Betty, those morning workouts are a sure way to keep your health in check as well as your physique.
4) What’s up Doc?: make sure that you are scheduling quarterly checkups with your Primary Care Physician good health starts with a reliable system of monitoring.
5) Stay Engaged: stay up to date and in the loop with what’s happening in your social circles as well as your family life. Having a social outlet becomes largely important, especially in later years when you find yourself lacking common connections.
6)Let the Light In: It’s a great suggestion to stock your residence with night lights, in the hallways and anywhere else you may want well lit.
7) Reducing the Risk: eliminate the clutter on your floor, and around your house, safeguard your environment to avoid any sudden slips or trips.
We hope some of these tips help to provide your loved ones the means to achieve maximum independence in their home. Swim for the sun in more ways than one, retain your independence.
Going by The Centers for Disease control and Prevention, the overdose rate in 2010 in Nevada was 20.7 per 100,000 people. Not only does that put Nevada on the map as one of the most notorious states for death due to overdose- we’re rated 4th highest in the country.
See how you’re able to support the Nevada Recovery Project and aim to promote and enhance mental health and addiction in our community: ForRecovery.org/NevadaRecoveryNetworkProject
The Miracle-Ear Foundation is working hard to decrease an increasing issue happening in our community and communities everywhere.
With a strong commitment and dedication to the clients they serve to hear more fully, Miracle-Ear put together a “gift of sound” hearing aid program assisting adolescents and adults everywhere affected by hearing loss gain access to necessary hearing aids.
To inquire on eligibility- please visit www.miracle-earfoundation.org today or call 1-800-234-5422
FEAT of Southern Nevada is one of the best Organizations in Las Vegas when it comes to family, caregiver, and individualized support groups created for those who need them most. Just recently announced for 2018- the new schedule for DAD’S ONLY. Here, you’re able to effectively communicate with Dad’s sharing common situations to your own-sharing resources, even participate in outings and events…children included! For more information on what to look forward to, or if you have any questions please contact Matt at: Mattydell@hotmail.com or Allen at: Glatts@live.com! Below is the 2018 meeting dates- we look forward to seeing you and your family!!
February 23rd, Jackpots from 6 pm-8 pm
March 17th, St. Patrick’s Parade 10 am and more details to be determined
April 21st, The A Games from 9 am-4 pm (Seriously guys, you aren’t going to want to miss this!)
May 26th, Dad’s Parent Night Out Poker Tournament (location and times to be determined)
June 19th , Our Families Country Cafe (dinner with the kids at 6 pm)
July (no meetings/off)
August 24th, Jackpots starting at 6 pm and going til 8 pm
September, bowling with the kids (The date, time and location of the event are to be determined)
October, Dad’s Poker Tournament (date, time and location still have yet to be determined)
November and December, Dad’s will volunteer at the FEAT Parent Night Out Events and moms can shop for the holidays!!
As always, we’re right here to sponsor and support. We hope to see you there on the 23rd of next month!